Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Moving, Moving, Moving

I think I'm going to win the award for having the plainest (and ugliest) blog. Since starting this new one I have done nothing with it except write. No links, no music, just words. Also, I've had no prolific moments so my writing has been about dull, every day stuff. Maybe someday soon all of that will change but until then . . . .

I'm rolling right along with the details of this move. I've given my notice at work. I'm glad to have that aspect complete. I never have an easy time leaving a job. I think they'll hardly miss me as I will have worked here only 3 months and the position was created for me but still, it is never easy for me to tell someone that I'm leaving. I feel like I am breaking a promise. The agent from the moving company will meet me at my apartment at 9 a.m. Friday morning to look at my junk and give me my guaranteed price quote. I'll be glad to have the actual pick up date nailed down so I can schedule everything else around that. When I moved down here I was so stressed and nervous about the whole thing but this time I just feel more matter-of-fact. I guess because I just did this six months ago makes a difference too - I know more what I am doing. There is a part of me that gets an adrenaline rush from the upheaval of moving. I think part of it is just the idea of yet another new start. While I'm going back to the Nashville area, I won't be in the same community so I will have to learn my way around this new part of town. Making new friends is always exciting for me but I will be so glad to get back to the friends that I left. I am especially thrilled that I'll live so close to Kathy. I want to say that Kathy is more like a sister to me but with the luck I've had with family lately I hesitate to equate her with family so I'll just leave it as one of my closest friends. There have only been two moves that I've actually looked forward to in my life; the first one was when we left New Orleans and moved to Nashville the first time and this is the second one. Even Leah is catching my excitement as every night before she falls asleep she asks me how many more days before we move. I think the fact that I will be happier will make her happier. I have promised her a trip back to Dodson Chapel where she went for after school care so she can go see her old friends. She is definitely looking forward to that.

It is another beautiful day here. In the low 70s and lots of sunshine. Leah should have lots of outside play today as they try to get the kids out at every opportunity. Last night she was tired because they played outside so much. I can't wait until my lunch break so I can go soak up some of the nice weather.

Well, I'm going to take advantage of this down time and go work with the Dreamweaver tutorial. If I can grasp how it works it will be one more thing I can add to my resume.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am just so excited for you! Can you email me your new address? I just got this one and now your moving again. Always excitement in your life. Maybe your trying to out do the excitement in mine. :)

BTW...LOVE YOUR BLOG! Even if it doesn't have all the "extras". It's still you and that is really why I come here.