Thursday, January 24, 2008

Moving Right Along

Well, today I was very caught up at work and found myself a wee bit on the bored side. Taking advantage of the situation, I made a few telephone calls with a move back to the Nashville area in mind. It turns out that my lease is transferable to any apartment complex there that is owned by the same company that I rent from now and there are quite a few. I found the one that I like the most that is in the area I want to live in. Next I checked the conference job board and found that they have five jobs posted that I would be qualified for. I have some good references and some good experience on my resume so I'm optimistic that one of them would pan out for me. All I feel is a tremendous sense of relief at the thought of getting back home. The only people who know about this are those of you who read my blog. My family has no idea. I'm not sure when I'll tell them. Not too soon, that's for sure. I really can't wait to get moved. This is the way Ray and I felt when we were finally getting out of South Louisiana. We were so excited and could not wait to get moved. Neither one of us regretted the move one bit. Now I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this section of the country is not for me.

Tomorrow is Friday - yipee! I love the weekends again. Leah and I have a lot to do but it will be fun. I try to always include things she will enjoy like the playground, shopping, etc....

I'm in the midst of reading a sequel to a book I just finished. I think I'm going to get in PJs and do a little reading before going to bed. Hopefully I'll write more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow. I don't read any blogs for a week and then come back to read the last two posts.

I do have to say that you always keep me on my toes. I would have to agree with Ray on you following your "guts" so to speak.

I'm so happy for you.