Sunday, January 13, 2008

Too stressed to blog . . .

I appreciate the fact that many of you have told me that you miss my writing daily on my blog. It has been hard for me to blog after my brother and his wife became so angry about my saying that my sister-in-law is anti-Christian. Apologies and explanations of why I felt that way have not been enough. After a few weeks of this, getting the cold shoulder and then the ultimate - my brother calling me Thursday evening to tell me how disappointed he was in me and how I was wrong about the anti-Christian remark I decided to hell with it, I'll blog if I want to and yes, I'll vent if I want to. So, right or wrong, I'm back. The ironic thing is I gave my brother my blog address two years ago when I first created the blog and he had absolutely no interest in it what-so-ever. So when my sister-in-law and niece started reading my blog, I was a little surprised. Turned out I wasn't telling my sister-in-law every detail of my life so she found the address and started reading, according to my niece. I purposely was not ugly or mean, I was just writing about the difficulties of adjusting to each other and how the difference in religious beliefs was making it even more difficult. It has certainly created a stink, one that my sister-in-law in particular is not ready to let go of no matter how I apologize. Now I'm to the point I don't care anymore.

On to other subjects -- my job is going well, better than I could have hoped even. Last week I was called in and found out that the
SPRC and the pastors decided that they wanted to use more of my skills and talents so I was promoted, I guess you could say. I couldn't be more pleased. I am very excited about the opportunities that lie ahead.

My sister became a grandmother for the third time this past Monday. My niece gave birth to a girl - I can't remember her first name as it is very unique. Her big sister and brother are thrilled, according to
grandmom. Everyone is doing well.

Leah's spring softball season will start again in about two weeks. I think she is looking forward to it. Her favorite still is her tumbling class. That new session begins next week and I took advantage of a special and signed her up for two classes a week. They had a deal where she takes one class at full price and the second at 50% off. Since Leah loves it so much I thought it would be good for her. When softball ends in April, I'm going to try to move her into an indoor activity that she can do during the extremely hot summer months.

The puppy continues to grow and is just so cute. The three of us have bonded very well. Leah and I enjoy his playfulness and his many antics - he is very lively and loves to play. I think the fact that he is a small dog really makes Leah more comfortable. She can still pick him up and carry him around. This morning when I got out of the shower she had put one of her shirts on him and he just took it in stride. He did look silly and Leah couldn't stop laughing which made me laugh.

One more Leah story . . . . Friday evening when we were driving home, Leah decided to play a game with me that she hasn't played since she was about . . . oh . . . three or so. From the back seat comes the question, "What's this sound Mommy?" and she meows like a cat. This goes on through about 5 animal sounds. Then she asks me again, "What's this sound Mommy?" I hear nothing. Absolute silence. So I answered, "Silence." With a giggle she tells me, "No silly, that's a tree." She does keep me smiling.

It's late and we are going to church so I'd better sign off here. It feels good to blog again. I'll try not to hurt any feelings this time.

I leave you with this:


Triumphs without difficulties are empty. Indeed, it is difficulties that make the triumph. It is no feat to travel the smooth road.
Source Unknown

1 comment:

Kim said...

It's wonderful to see you posting to your blog again! I agree with you...you need to blog no matter what! I never did read anything into what you said about your sister-in-law. I thought that you were just telling us how your felt. Which is fine. Those are your feelings. Keep it up!

Love the Leah stories!!! Miss you both!