Friday, January 18, 2008

Well, you never know . . .

My mother always told me to never say never as whatever you say never to always comes to be. The last time I sang in a church choir I swore I'd never do it again. You know the old saying that the devil gets in the church through the choir - well the last choir I sang with I believe that was true. However, our music director has been bugging me to join the choir and I've been putting him off with one excuse after another. Yesterday he mentioned it again and for whatever reason, "I'll be there for practice tomorrow night" just popped out of my mouth. I deposited Leah in the childcare area and took my time going to the choir room. I was so surprised to be greeted by the choir hostess who already had my folder, my robe, and all of my music together for me. When I walked into the sanctuary to practice, who would be the choir president but a fellow staff person that I didn't even know sang in the choir. As I looked around I saw many familiar faces of people that I have come to know during the last four months. In a way, it was like coming home. Rehearsal was fun and I had forgotten how much I love to sing. After the second song it was as if I had never left the choir; it was all coming back to me. I loved the fact that they took time to share prayer requests and had a short devotional followed by a short time of prayer. It was very uplifting. So, as my mother always said, never say never.

Thank you Kim, for encouraging me to continue blogging. I really have missed it. Not that I blog about anything of any relevance, but at least it does keep some of you up to date on what all is happening with Leah and me.

Leah and I continue to find more things about West Palm that we like. On the weekends we explore new places and take part in a lot of the family activities that the community offers. We both love the weather right now - in the 70's and sunny.We take a lot of walks and she rides her scooter a lot. Hot dogs are a big thing down here and we have found a few local hot dog stands that we frequent from time to time. We love the library and the fact that it is located right on the inter- coastal waterway. It's very different here and I am so glad that we've had this opportunity to experience it.

Tomorrow is Friday (I'm so glad!) so it is a day of jeans for both of us. She hates wearing the school uniforms and I get tired of having to "dress up". In Nashville, jeans were very acceptable and believe me, I took advantage of that. Here I have to dress professionally.

It's late but I just needed to write a little bit. Blogging is a lot cheaper than therapy!


Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed
- Storm Jameson


No comments: