Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Another Day

Leah is watching her last TV show of the evening while her hair dries a little bit more. Yes, it is past her bedtime but sometimes getting everything in that needs to be done is easier said than done. These days I just concentrate on the most important things and then work down the list. At least she is clean, her hair is shampooed and her homework is done.

Today I met with the speech therapist and her teacher at the school. The state of Florida is so wacky the way they do things in their educational system. Because she is not pronouncing the sh, ch, and j sounds clearly, she has been labeled as having a disability. That is the only way she can get speech therapy in the school system. She is also labeled as gifted because of how she has scored on all of her assessment tests. I wasn't overly impressed with the speech therapist - especially since she was running late and was almost 45 minutes late for our scheduled appointment. On the other hand, as long as she is a good speech therapist and can get Leah's problem corrected, I'll be happy.

It's been a busy week so far even if Monday was a holiday. Leah is feeling it too because this morning she asked me how many days until Friday. This Friday the puppy goes in to be neutered. Leah is already missing him. Those two are quite a pair. Whenever we are home, Oreo pretty much stays wherever she is. He'll come to me for some loving, but he is definitely attached to Le.

I don't have a lot to say tonight but just wanted to update. I have felt so much more relaxed since I made the decision to move back to TN. Things here aren't bothering me as much because I know I won't be here forever. I was nervous about moving here but all I feel about moving back is relief.

OK, I'm off to bed.

No comments: