Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Uninvited Resident

Oh yeah, the flu bug is alive and well. It decided to take up residence with me on Monday. Not the way I had planned to spend the last week of my two week notice - missing half a day Monday and both Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm back at work today but everyone is giving me a wide berth because of the coughs and sniffles not to mention the icky sounding voice that has caused more than one person to ask who that was answering the phone. At least the body aches, headache and fever are gone; dispelling the thoughts that I just might be dying. I saw the doctor on Tuesday who gave me a look of distain when I admitted that I had not gotten a flu shot this winter. I didn't think I would need one in sunny, warm, tropical Florida. So, I will finish out my two week notice today and tomorrow and then I'll be the queen of packing for the next week. The moving date is quickly approaching and I'm excited. Even if the weather map showed a fifty degree difference in temperature yesterday between here and there. According to the map it also snowed there. I thought about that as I walked out of my apartment yesterday afternoon in short sleeves and shorts, enjoying the warmth of the sun on my tired body. I'd better soak it all up now.

I need to get back to work but have had a couple of complaints about not updating my blog. It's not that I haven't wanted to . . . .


HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

No comments: