Friday, April 18, 2008

Who Me? Having a Low Blood Sugar? Impossible!

Wow! It has been a very long time since I woke up in the middle of the night with a low blood sugar. Even though I hate how they make me feel I'm excited that my blood sugar is finally getting back under control! From just a few weeks ago to registering HIGH on the meter at the doctor's office (which means I was over 600) to being under 70 right now - I'll gladly feel yucky and have to get up in the middle of the night to treat it.

This has been an incredibly fast week. I'm not sure what all we've done, but we've been busy. Today I went with Leah's class on a field trip to the zoo. It was a beautiful day and the kids all had a good time. I enjoyed it too. It was nice meeting some of the other moms. One in particular I had a lot in common with so it was fun hanging out with her. This evening we met some friends at the park and ate supper while the kids played. I think that was the highlight of my day.

I'm going to volunteer in Leah's class in the mornings from 8 to 9 until either I get a job or the end of the school year, whichever comes first. (Please God, let it be the job!) Her teacher is BIG in teaching the kids to love reading and that is what they do for the first hour of the morning. So, I'll be there to help them get their books, take their tests on the book they take home for homework the night before, etc... It will be good for me. Leah is still at the age where she likes having Mom around so I'd better enjoy it now!

I've started a new knitting project but have already run into a snag. I've called a friend for direction. I hope she is good at coaching over the phone since she lives in Texas! I feel so much more settled here than I have in a long, long time. I am so glad that I am finally to the point where I can enjoy hobbies again. It seems like it has been a lifetime since I've even had the energy to do something besides drag through my days. I can't begin to describe how wonderful it feels to wake up excited about the day again. I wake up with a sense of anticipation of what all I am going to do. Since Ray's death, I usually wake up wondering how on earth I am going to survive another day. I never thought the time would come when I would truly feel happy again. I've even noticed that food actually tastes good again. I don't think that is something I'll ever take for granted again either.


Well, I'm heading back to bed. I'm glad I have a few more hours to sleep.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Glad that I could be of some help. I can't wait to see it! Maybe a progress picture????? :)