Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday Chatter

It has been a nice, relaxed Saturday. I got some housework and laundry done this morning and then we went downtown Franklin and explored the shops that are around the square and on Main Street. It was chillier than I expected it to be so we didn't wander as long as I had planned. We stopped and had lunch and then came back home. Leah's been watching TV and I took a short nap. I'm thinking about going to either a craft store or a book store. I really shouldn't as I don't need to spend the money. Leah is begging to go to the mall. I'm not into the mall but we might go sometime tomorrow.

I had a job interview yesterday. It went very well and I feel confident they will offer me the job. It will be wonderful to be employed full time again and have benefits. Not having health insurance has been a huge concern for me. I hope they call me the first of next week.

I am enjoying getting settled. I love Franklin, I love our apartment and Leah is going to a wonderful school. The adjustments to moving here have been minimal. I'm glad we moved here at the beginning of spring. Seeing the flowers appear seemingly overnight and the trees with their new leaves - it is a beautiful time of year in this section of the country. I won't miss that Florida heat that is starting now. At least when I was there it was during winter so the weather was wonderful. I have met several people in our complex and feel like I am making some friends. It is just a good place to be.

I didn't really have anything much to write about. I just wanted to update. Maybe I'll have something thought-provoking hit my brain between now and tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds like a nice weekend! I'll keep my fingers crossed for that job. Love your updates...even if say that you don't have much to say...you really do.