Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thursday Already?!

Killing time at Panera - looking like one of those big executive types, sitting with my latte and laptop, blackberry at my side. Oh my, the images we do try to create. Little do "they" know that I'm an unemployed single mom, sitting here trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life.

I had an interview yesterday, a 30+ minute conversation with another person about a job the day before yesterday . . . things are happening . . . I know I'll be fine and that I'll be working soon. I'm just enjoying my free time before the tide turns as I know it will.

I've enrolled in classes. Right after Ray died I spend a bunch of money to take some IT classes to get some certifications to give me something to "fall back on" and I never finished them. How lucky for me that the guy in charge liked me, remembered me, and loved my daughter as he discounted the original amount that I spent from the tuition to take all the classes I could in one year making it a very sweet deal for me. I don't officially start until Tuesday but I begged for my first text book early and I've been reading and studying already. I am so determined to get all the certifications that I can . . . I don't care if GEEK is tattooed across my forehead . . . I just want to be able to get out there and make some real money so Leah and I can live comfortably and I can have a decent retirement. This time hopefully I won't be dealing with fresh grief, bleeding ulcers, old boyfriends, etc.... I had just a few distractions last time. Since moving back to TN, I feel like my life is moving forward in a positive way. It is wonderful to be back among friends. My depression has eased, my health is better and my outlook is definitely much better. Once again I can say that "life is good" and really mean it.

I have kind of a funny situation going on. The man who lives across from me is a widower - his wife died almost two years ago. We started talking and now he calls me every night to tell me good night and to give me his schedule for the next day. Last night he called and asked if it was too late to call and tell me good night. He's very sweet but way too old for me - he's 61. My daughter, however, really likes him and thinks I need to date him. I'm so glad she is not my matchmaker! The last thing I need is to get hooked up with someone in their 60's. Life is funny at times.

I really do have things I need to get done today so I'll end this entry. Who knows, I might blog a little more later in the day.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Well since it is late on Friday night I'm guessing that you didn't blog again on Thursday night. :)

Tell Leah that Aunt Kim isn't approving you dating your neighbor.

I've left you a message...did you get it?