Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I'm still here . . .

Yes, I know. My blog has taken a back seat to everything else in my life. Move me back to Tennessee and I suddenly have a life again. I'm busy, having fun, happy, and did I mention busy? At this moment Leah is dutifully doing her homework and the dog is running back and forth between us with a toy in his mouth, hoping that one of us will stop and play with him. He will just have to wait a few more minutes.

Work is going well - too well. It is almost frightening that I look forward to going in everyday. Of course my boss told me today that I was still in the honeymoon phase and that is very true. No matter; I'll enjoy it while it is still nice to go in everyday.

I took my first exam Friday and scored a 100% on it. That just totally blew me away. My instructor was so excited that he completely forgot about decorum and gave me a big hug. He told me that not many people scored 100% on these tests. I have my second one this Friday. I've been staying up until 12:30 or 1:00 a.m. studying but last night I was so exhausted that I was in bed by 9:00. It felt soooo good to get a good nights sleep last night. I won't go to bed as early tonight but I don't plan to stay up so late either.

Leah and I had supper at Puckett's tonight with Kathy and Wesley. Leah and Wesley are the same age and are so funny together. They are so competitive with one another. The more they try to "one up" each other the louder they get. Sometimes it is funny and other times I am a nervous wreck. Tonight, because Kathy and I kept finding things to laugh about, it wasn't so bad. They were rather humorous actually.

Well, that's the quick update. Maybe I'll find more time to blog tomorrow. I have to study and Leah needs to get to bed.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats on the 100 on your test. So proud of you. Now you'll be able to teach me a thing or two soon. :) Need to look into doing something like that myself.

Sounds like you're back home at last and enjoying every minute.