Wednesday, May 21, 2008

End of the School Year

I don't know why I even keep this blog other than I like to have a place to go write. I've been so busy lately that I haven't had much time to spend here. Work is going real well. I'm not emotionally invested but it is nice to have a place to go and pick up a paycheck twice a month. School is also going well. I've managed to score 100% on all of my exams so far. This Friday I have my final then on to the next class. I hope I can keep this pace up all year because I want to take as many classes as I can possibly fit in.

Saturday we added a new addition to our family. We got another Shih-Tzu and Leah named her Lily. She is 91/2 weeks old and gives Oreo (the 91/2 month) a run for his money. They are already getting along like they have always been together. I think Oreo needed a little companion as we are gone so much of the day. They play and chase each other all the time and it's fun to watch them. Leah wanted to name her Cookie but I just couldn't have one dog named Oreo and the other Cookie. So, after much consideration she was able to feel good about the name Lily.

Tomorrow is Leah's last day of school. I can't believe that first grade is over and second grade will start in August. It just doesn't seem possible. We have definitely forged ahead with our lives since Ray's death. So much has changed - especially the two of us. She does so much on her own now - my baby is definitely gone and I have a girl that is growing up very quickly.

As usual, I've got laundry to get done and a lot of studying to do. I fell a little behind because I didn't study at all last night. I hope that I can catch up tonight. Leah no longer has homework so she is a little more high maintenance but I plan on having math workbooks for her that she can work on in the evenings. That will keep her skills sharp and give me time to study.

Nothing profound here - just a recap of my life the last week or so. Maybe some prolific thought will hit my brain and I'll have something to write about that has a bit more substance to it!

1 comment:

Kim said...

You better keep this blog going! Or I'm going to hunt you down and tie you to your chair and put your hands on your keyboard! hahahaha :)

Love reading it even if it's just a recap of your day.

I've fallen behind this week too. I haven't updated since last Friday and now I did a post today. But it's not even about what's going on around here.

Sam still has two weeks left of school. But they aren't doing much. He has a 4 day weekend starting tomorrow. Now to keep him busy. Yeah right.