Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday ramblings . . .

I can't believe that I'm actually sitting down and not behind the wheel of the car or in a meeting. This week has just been one of those busy weeks; I feel like I haven't taken a breath all week. Leah and I had breakfast for supper tonight and it was good - and easy! The dishwasher is now running and Lele is watching her last TV show of the night. I have a test scheduled for tomorrow and I'm about three chapters behind in my reading. That's what I'll be doing tonight after Leah goes to sleep. I'm already into overtime at work so I'll go in for just an hour or so in the morning and then I'll spend the rest of the day on campus doing labs and then taking my test. I am finding it a challenge to get my required 16 hours a month in on campus - especially since it is all the way on the other side of Nashville from where I live. It was a whole lot easier when I lived on that side of town but I love living here so I won't even think about moving. Besides, I'll be finished with my classes in less than a year. I'm so glad that I'm doing this; it should definitely boost my earning potential greatly.

Well, it's now about two hours later. I took the trash to the dumpster, spent some time with Lele and now she is asleep. I'm too tired to read but I know I need to so I can keep up with my schedule. I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. Not that I have any major plans, I don't, but just the thought of not having to follow a particular schedule on Saturday sounds wonderful.

Today I went to lunch with some of my co-workers and we had a great time. We went to a Burrito place but we all got salads and they were the best I've ever had. Right now I work on the third floor and we all work on the same floor. Next week my office is being moved down to the second floor and I'll be with a whole different group - darn it. I really like being on the third floor. We have fun up there- even if the senior pastor's office is right around the corner from mine. Our new senior pastor will start office hours in July and then will start in the pulpit in August. I've met him once and he seems pretty nice. It will be interesting to see how the atmosphere will change once he gets in place.

OK, I'm going to read while the house is quiet.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds like you are keeping yourself pretty busy these days. Good luck with your test today. Even though I know you'll ace it. :)