Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Exhausted = Me

It's been a long time since I've had a week where I have felt as bad as I do. I finally broke down and called my doctor's office and have an appointment for 10:45 tomorrow morning. I'll have to leave work and miss staff meeting and the luncheon for the outgoing senior pastor but . . . . oh well. My blood sugars have been very high - bouncing between 300 and 600 - I've had a sinus thing going on and I've been dizzy, light headed and grumpy. I've been injecting straight regular insulin along with my 70/30 mix just to help get the numbers down. I've been afraid to eat so I think I must have a sinus infection that is causing the rise. That and the fact I've not been sleeping much because I've been studying until the wee hours of the morning for the past two months. Now that I've whined, I'll move on to other things.

Leah went swimming today with her holiday MAC group and had a wonderful time. I'm so glad. Yesterday a magician visited and she was all pumped up about that. Tomorrow they have a field trip to some place I've never heard of; all I know is they have to wear socks. She is having a good summer and that makes me happy.

Tomorrow afternoon I have to move my office downstairs. It will be weird and I'll miss everyone that I've gotten to know on the 3rd floor. I'll especially miss Sally, my office mate, as she has been the best. Today we all went out to lunch to celebrate her birthday. I was so good - I had a whole wheat grilled chicken wrap, fruit, and a bottle of water. Everyone else had burgers or grilled sandwiches and iced tea. I was proud of myself. I know I'm going to like my new office once I get moved in. I'll actually have a window! The new furniture is very nice.

My classes continue to go well. Last Friday I was so exhausted that I honestly didn't think I had the strength to drive there. I fought with myself to the halfway point - it was raining and the thought of going home and crawling under the covers was so enticing . . . Once I passed the half way point I made myself go on and get there. I took my unit exam and scored 100%. I've scored a 100% on every unit exam that I've taken. I then went to the lab, did a little bit of work and then decided what the heck - I'd take the next unit exam. These exams are proctored, so my instructor set it up for me. I was shocked when I scored 100% on this exam as well. When I walked out the door I was so glad I had pushed myself to go. Now I'm a week ahead on my class. I had visions of taking the last unit exam and the final this Friday but I've fallen behind on my studying again because of how bad I've felt.

Well, evidently Leah fell asleep waiting for me to come tuck her in . . . that's a good thing. The puppies are still running around the apartment so I need to round them up and get them back in their kennels. I'll try to get a chapter read but I have a feeling once I get in bed I'm going to fall asleep.

I'll close with this thought:

Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living.

Anonymous

No comments: