Monday, December 31, 2007

2008??????!!!!!!

Really, wasn't it just last month that I was blogging about ringing in 2007? Wasn't it just last month that I talked about all the new things I was going to do, how I am always restless at the beginning of a new year etc....???? Either I'm getting old or the years are going faster - - - I opt for the second option as I refuse to admit to getting older.

I did do a lot in 2007. I moved. I started a new relationship which is still going strong. I got a new job, a new haircut and yes, even a new hair color! I learned how to do mosaics and I continued to improve my knitting skills. This year I think I'm going to continue to build up my freelance clients and I'm going to do more with my photography. I have to think about what new thing I'm going to add to the list. Having something new to learn helps to keep me creative. I haven't painted in a very long time - maybe I'll dabble with the watercolors again too.

A am dog sitting again. My niece and her husband are out of town and my brother and SIL drove over to join them for a few days. Therefore, I inherited the dog. Walter is a sweet old man - about 13 years old and Oreo - who is now almost 5 months old, drives him totally up the wall. If Walter had any teeth left, he could nip Oreo once or twice and put him in his place. Since he doesn't, it takes about twenty minutes of growling, barking and jumping at Oreo to show him who is boss. Once that is established it is so funny to watch them. Oreo just wants to play and jumps all around Walter but doesn't actually touch him. Then he'll just lay down in from of him and put his head on his paws and look at Walter with this pleading, please play with me look. They'll get home tomorrow and I'm glad. I like it better just having the one dog to contend with.

I overslept this morning. I woke up and found the alarm clock in bed with me, under the covers and behind my tushie. It doesn't make a good impression to be late to work when you are new on a job. I have always been a night person but am trying to learn how to be a morning person. I've been reading articles about how to become a morning person. I have to do this because Le is only in first grade and I have a long time of getting up and getting her to school, not to mention myself to work. Even so, the two of us who were left in the office today cut out about 3:30. It was wonderful. I went to the store and got the ingredients for meatloaf for supper tonight. That is one of Le's favorite meals so I've already got it in the oven baking. I'll mash some potatoes and add broccoli with cheese and we'll have a good supper.

Speaking of Miss Leah, I'm out of her to go pick her up from winter camp. I still can't get used to packing her a bathing suit everyday during winter camp. She is having a ball though and that is all that matters. Last Friday they went to the Ringling Brothers circus and she was so intrigued by all the things there. She must have talked 2 hours straight about it once she got home. I have no idea what they did today so I'll be anxious to here all about it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I know what you mean about it just being 2007. Feels like it was yesterday. Oh well, guess the time flies when you're having fun. Or at least that is what they tell me. Need to do my blog sometime tonight too. Better now then later. :)