Thursday, December 20, 2007

Holiday Fever

My daughter is just so anxious for Christmas to get here. She has been counting down the days and telling me daily what she wants Santa to bring her. As she gets older I find that her gifts are more expensive. Gone are the days of having 15 gifts under the tree that didn't break the bank. This year she will have fewer gifts but hopefully she won't notice as she will have some of the things she has asked Santa for.

We'll be joining my sister and her family in Orlando this year. This will be the first time I have ever spent Christmas in my sister's house. Her granddaughter is the same age as my daughter and they have never met. This should be an interesting holiday. That is the part I'm excited about - spending Christmas with family.

Lele and I are getting settled in our new home, and our new routine. She is very happy being back in after school care and has made some friends there. She loves the fact that they play outside a lot and have organized games and sports that she can participate in. Every afternoon when I pick her up she is always so sweaty - but always smiling. She loves living in South Florida because the weather is so nice. I have to admit, winter here is awesome - temperatures in the 70's and low 80's and plenty of sunshine. I'm a little homesick, but not as much as I thought I might be.

Our puppy has finally gotten big enough that he can now jump up on the couch. It takes him several tries but eventually he does make it. It is cute to watch him because once he gets up there it is so obvious that he is proud of himself. He is a wonderful dog and we both have grown so attached to him. It's a good thing as he is in the puppy chewing stage. He ruined a brand new pair of dress shoes that I had worn only once. He loves all the stuffed animals in Lele's room and comes running down the hall with one in his mouth everyday. They are usually bigger than he is but that doesn't stop him.

It's time for me to get a certain little one to bed so I'll sign off for now.

No comments: