Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Too busy to breathe

Life just keeps going at an incredible pace. The year is nearly over and I can't believe it. We've been back in TN for almost a year. So much has happened, so much is going on.

My baby continues to try her wings and is learning new things. Now she is actually showering and shampooing that long, curly hair, all by herself. I thought that day would never come but here it is. Every time she steps from the shower a little emotion tugs at my heart - another step into her ever growing independence. She is a beautiful girl, is getting tall and her sense of humor continues to thrill me. She can take it and she can certainly dish it out as well.

She's halfway through second grade. I watched her at her Christmas play and party. She amazes me. Her ability to learn and retain new things. Her knowledge. Yes, this is a night of thinking about Leah and how amazed and proud I am of her. We are close and I love the relationship we continue to develop everyday.

I talk about the changes in Leah and I have changed just as much. Not in physical growth but in my personal life skills. I feel hopeful again, my dreams are back, my goals have resurfaced. A little different than they were before but more concrete. Before I kind of had a vague idea that I wanted something different, something more. Now I know what that is and I'm making a game plan to achieve what I want. I've been doing research, learning new skills, talking to people who have done what I want to do. Positive steps forward. I've never been this organized before or as goal oriented. Good things. I'm sure I'll elaborate more but tonight I just needed to set down somewhere concrete that things are happening. A far cry from last year at this time. I'm happy and content and it feels so wonderful to be able to say that and mean it!

I close with this prayer from Juliana of Norwich, a 14th century mystic:

All shall
be well,
and all shall
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

1 comment:

Kim said...

So...I keep waiting for an update here. Then again I took almost 8 months off from blogging so I can't say much.

I do miss your posts!